Dr. Russell’s most important work is teaching — in his practice, mentorship of touch and movement professionals, and group classes. He is a movement coach for ordinary life and dance, and he teaches yoga anatomy, bodywork techniques, injury prevention/resilience/self-care, posture and gait, and dance improvisation. His teaching is crystal clear, spontaneous, down-to-earth, and inspiring, with a refreshing absence of jargon or tedium. Wesleyan University, Kripalu (the world’s largest yoga teaching center), New York’s Atlantic Theater Company, the Swedish Institute for Massage Therapy, and Salina, Kansas number among the many places he has taught.
In 2011, Dr. Russell founded Getting Better Community, an organization that supports movement and touch professionals and seeks to educate the public about the profound benefits of our work. Services offered include:
• Individual and Group mentoring
• National Board and New York State Continuing Education-certified courses for bodyworkers and other professionals
• Classes on Demand: You choose a topic, we teach the course
• Movement coaching for anyone: desk workers, dancers, weekend warriors, bodyworkers…
• Forensic Consulting for Bodyworkers: A one or two session consult to help you with a particular client. You bring a client, they pay for the session, and we assess and treat them together while I show and suggest the techniques. We make it clear to the client that you are competent, prepared and ready to execute the care plan as you continue to treat the client yourself.
For more information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org