George Russell is a body and movement specialist who helps clients solve specific body problems and connect to the larger context that sustains health. His patient care is hands-on and incorporates many approaches, including chiropractic, muscle work and therapeutic exercise. Dr. Russell has spent a lifetime studying the anatomy of the body and soul: efficient movement, balanced physical function, and joy of life.
George Russell has an amazing intuition & gift...
— Pat LaFontaine, US Hockey Hall of Famer
About George Russell
Dr. George Russell is a whole body specialist who helps clients solve physical problems and sustain health. He's taught thousands of students and mentored extensively over 30 years of teaching and advising.
Dr. Russell practices "Deep Chiropractic", combining mobilizations, bodywork, movement, imagery, yoga, and anatomy. He revels in complexity and in rendering the complex simple and clear.
"Doctor" means teacher or guide. Dr. Russell is a lifelong student and teacher whose teaching history includes Kripalu (the world's largest yoga school), Wesleyan, NYU's Atlantic Theater Co., Yale, the Iyengar Institute NY, the Swedish Institute, The New School, regional and national AMTA Conventions.
— Joan Arnold, Certified Teacher of the Alexander Technique
Certified Yoga Instructor
— Meg Fry, co-director, de Facto Dance Company
Dr. Russell’s most important work is teaching -- in his practice, mentorship of touch and movement professionals, and group classes. He is a movement coach for ordinary life and dance, and he teaches yoga anatomy, bodywork techniques, injury prevention/resilience/self-care, posture and gait, and dance improvisation. His teaching is crystal clear, spontaneous, down-to-earth, and inspiring, with a refreshing absence of jargon or tedium. Wesleyan University, Kripalu (the world's largest yoga teaching center), New York's Atlantic Theater Company, the Swedish Institute for Massage Therapy, and Salina, Kansas number among the many places he has taught.
In 2011, Dr. Russell founded Getting Better Community, an organization that supports movement and touch professionals and seeks to educate the public about the profound benefits of our work. Services offered include:
• Individual and Group mentoring
• National Board and New York State Continuing Education-certified courses for bodyworkers and other professionals
• Classes on Demand: You choose a topic, we teach the course
• Movement coaching for anyone: desk workers, dancers, weekend warriors, bodyworkers...
• Forensic Consulting for Bodyworkers: A one or two session consult to help you with a particular client. You bring a client, they pay for the session, and we assess and treat them together while I show and suggest the techniques. We make it clear to the client that you are competent, prepared and ready to execute the care plan as you continue to treat the client yourself.
For more information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
— Andrew Simonet, Writer and Choreographer, Headlong Dance Theater
Make an Appointment / Contact Us
Existing Clients: click the Schedule an Appointment button below.
First-Time Clients: click the About Your 1st Appointment button below.
224 W 35th Street, Suite 1400
New York, NY 10001